Basic Muffin Recipe Streusel Topping
1/2 cup sugar all-purpose flour, 3 tbps packed brown sugar,
3/4 cup milk (I use fat free but whole is fine)
1/4 cup cooking oil (I use canola)
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Grease twelve 2.5 inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
2. In another bowl combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir until just moistened (batter should be lumpy).
3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Sprinkle Streusel Topping over muffin batter in cups.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
5. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes (if you can wait that long!). Remove from muffin cups; serve warm, best with a glass (or two) of cold milk.
Recipe adapted from: Better Homes & Gardens Cook Book