Update 06/17/14: The images to this post were accidentally deleted a long time ago, but the recipe is still the same and just as delicious. Soon I will be retaking photos and updating this post. Until then, please continue enjoying!
Weekends. I love them and here is one simple reason why: I don’t have to go to work.
Another reason I love weekends: Petting the cats until they beg you to stop because it feels amazing. They might not speak but for some reason, I get them. Really, I do.
Moving on to these BANAMAZING (bananas + amazing) muffins. Here is how I see it. Once you find a good thing, there is no reason to not keep making it over and over again. Did you get all those double negatives?
Guess I could just say this: go make these ASAP. I’m serious.
Oh and try not to inhale these all in one sitting. Not that I speak from experience or anything.
Vegan Banana Muffins
makes 12-14 muffins
time: 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients until combined. Set aside.
3. Measure out the flaxseed meal into a small bowl (I used a 4 oz. ramekin) and add the water. Let sit for at least 5 minutes.
4. Using a hand mixer, blend bananas, oil, maple syrup, and flax “eggs”. Add in the vanilla extract mixing until throughly combined.
5. Add the dry mix slowly to the wet mix and mix with a spoon or fork. You don’t want to overbeat the batter so at this point you might want to stop using the hand mixer.
6. Line a muffin pan with liners and lightly spray liners with canola oil (or other nonstick spray). Pour batter into liners, filling them about 2/3 of the way – it will be thick but don’t worry, it will bake up nicely.
7. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.