1 C fresh cherries, pitted
Juice of 2 limes
1/2 C simple syrup*
1/2 C water or sparkling water
Optional: vodka or light rum
1. In a blender, process pitted cherries until throughly blended.
2. Add in simple syrup and lime juice.
3. Pour in glasses with ice cubes, adding sparkling water to top off.
4. Taste, adjusting for tartness by adding more lime juice or more simple syrup if desired.
5. This drink is also great when frozen into it forms a slushy!
*Simple syrup can be bought (although I never have) but the easiest way to make it at home is by bringing equal parts of water and granulated sugar (i.e. 1 C water, 1 C sugar) to a rapid boil, then turn off the heat and remove from stovetop. Let it cool and store in refrigerator with a tight fitting lid for up to a few weeks. I usually keep some on hand for quick mojitos, coffee, etc.