1. I’ve been on a mission. The other day, I realized that every single time I bake chocolate chip cookies, they turn out different. I could be following the same recipe and it still happens. Frustrating. I’m on a quest to find THE perfect recipe. And by perfect, I mean soft and thick cookies. I don’t like them thin, flat, or chewy. Here is a batch I made one afternoon without eggs or butter. Tasty but not ideal.
2. I tried Lone Star beer for the first time since moving to Texas. I have to say, not bad for being inexpensive. It tastes (to me) similar to Miller Light. No more having to buy Natty Light. Haha. Wait, I don’t do that.
3. Friday nights are made for the gym. Why no, I’m not a 90 year old woman in case you wondered.
4. This past weekend, we drove up to Lake Travis. Instead of taking the shortest route, Google Maps decided it was a good time to take us the long way. What could have been a 20 minute drive turned into almost 1 hour. Um, yea. I guess it was worth the drive, long way or not with views like this.
5. Weather talk: it has seriously been degrees cooler here and I didn’t realize just how much I felt like a piece of fried bacon until it got below 100. Hallelu-yer!
6. Read some awesome news this week. One of my fav bloggers, Carmen, announced she’s pregnant
with their first bebe. I’m so incredibly happy for her and her husband.
7. Coffee. I’ve rarely had any for the past 10-ish months. This afternoon, I totally indulged myself. Well, it was decaf and made with almond milk but it was still very tasty. Oh, and a dash of cinnamon!
9. Oh hey, no that you care but I’ve been pretty good at journaling and reading. It’s been nice to have more free time. I’m documenting our weekend adventures. Boring, I know. Something else I’ve been relishing every day are the devotionals from She Reads Truth
. Right now, we’re going through the Book of Proverbs. What a great daily discipline and time for spiritual growth.
10. I owe you guys another post about British films & television
, since our obsession is still going strong. Actually, I wouldn’t say it’s an obsession. At this point, it’s more like a way of life. Cheesy but true.
Happy Tuesday (evening), lovelies.