Lately, there have been quite a few things on my mind. Sometimes instead of feeling overwhelmed by everything I need/should/want to do, I just sit back and start makings lists. Then, I take those lists and categorize everything in order of importance. I love lists! What I love even more is crossing things off of lists.
Some deep Friday thoughts for you…this list and accompanying photos have absolutely nothing to do with anything and yet has something to do with everything. p.s. My list was totally inspired by this lovely blogger’s recent post.
I hope y’all have a fabulous weekend!
1. My husband and child: For obvious reasons, this one is at the top of my list. Without getting all mushy-gushy, I have a pretty swell lad for a husband. I’m not exactly sure what I did to land him, but every single moment I’m so thankful that God brought him into my life. My favorite son (ha!) with his crazy hair and hilarious antics makes our little family complete. It’s a joy watching him grow. Plus, he looks like my husband. Score.
2. Coconut oil: Really, is there anything that I can’t use this for? Because I have yet to find it. I’ve been using coconut oil now for about 4 years and my only regret is that I wish I knew about it sooner. Whether it’s homemade deodorant, as a daily moisturizer or using it for baking, coconut oil is definitely one thing that makes my life so much better. And a bonus? It smells tropical! It’s almost as good as laying on the beach in Hawaii. Almost.
3. Peanut butter: Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love it. If there’s a peanut butter addicts group, I could most definitely be a leader. I can’t find anything that peanut butter isn’t good on, either. Well, except slathered on cheese. By the way, homemade peanut butter is THE best. However, I won’t lie. I don’t discriminate and will eat any type of peanut butter, even if it’s not homemade. Just give me a spoon.
4. Running: For eight years now, I’ve been a runner. There are SO many reasons why I run and thankfully, I know that there have been more days of running than not. Even when I had to take months off after knee surgery or after having a baby, I always knew that running would be there when I was ready. And here’s something that may surprise you. You know those really old people you see running and you wonder how in the world is it even possible for them to run? Yup, I want to be that old person someday. If I die while running, I’m okay with that.
5. The ocean: I grew up in Florida and only in the past two years of living away from there, has it really struck me how much I took the ocean for granted. Whether it’s the East or West coast, the Gulf, an island or another continent, as long as I’m near the ocean that’s all I need. Basically, until someday when we live near the ocean again, all our vacations will have to somehow involve the ocean.